Nestled between the coastal estuaries of the Mbizane and Kaba Rivers on the Hibiscus Coast is the outdoor paradise of Southbroom. The warm coastal waters are a playground for whales, dolphins and watersport enthusiasts alike.
Southbroom, unlike a lot of the South Coast hasn’t given way to high rise apartments and hotels and offers miles of sandy Indian Ocean beach frontage, lush indigenous vegetation made up of the well-known Southbroom Golf Club, Frederika Nature Preserve and 350,000 m2 of township land zoned to conservation.
Boasting two recognized swimming beaches and a magical coastal walk between them over the primary dunes. Its two tidal pools further ensure that the needs of every beachcomber are satisfied.The village also boasts a tennis and bowls club and adequate retail facilities for daily needs. More comprehensive shopping is provided by the nearby towns of Ramsgate, Margate and Shelly Beach.
- Deep sea fishing and river fishing,
- Whale watching from Ramsgate’s new whale watching deck. Recently built by the Ramsgate conservancy
- Kite sailing, wind surfing, paddle skiing, and kayaking
- Bird Watching
- Hike the Bush Buck Trail and our magical beach trails.
- Play the Big 4 Courses (See Details below)
- The Sardine Run (June)
- The Riverbend Crocodile Farm
Golf courses nearby